The UFC will return to Sweden on Saturday, starting from 11:50 pm (GMT) at the Ericsson Globe Arena in Stockholm.
The Swede Alexander Gustafsson - that would make the main fight against Gegard Mousasi armêmio - was injured during his training and is doubtful for Saturday's fight. The organization is waiting for conclusive test results from Swedish to decide what to do, but the recovery would last weeks, which is why the court is virtually certain.
A new opponent reputed to replace Gustafsson is considered, despite missing only six days into the show.
Now is keep an eye here to await the official decision of the UFC. Remaining four alternatives: 1 - a new name to replace the Swede, 2 - promoting co-main event for the main event, 3 - and 4 recover Gustafsson - cancel the entire event, repeating what happened at UFC 151 in September 2012.
Follow on instagram: cajufreitas
Check out the card of the event, subject to change:
- Alexander Gustafsson (tbc) vs. Gegard Mousasi;
- Ryan Couture vs. Ross Pearson;
- Philip De Fries vs. Matt Mitrione;
- Mike Easton vs. Brad Pickett;
- Diego Brandao vs. Pablo Garza;
- Akira Corassani vs. Robert Peralta;
- Michael Johnson vs. Reza Madadi;
- Adam Cella vs. Tor Troeng;
- Adlan Amagov vs. Chris Spang;
- Marcus Brimage vs. Conor McGregor;
- Ben vs Alloway. Ryan LaFlare;
- Michael Kuiper vs. Tom Lawlor;
- Papy Abedi vs. Besam Yousef.
The President Dana White denied the rumors about Alexander Gustafsson injury and assured the Swede in the main event.
Gustafsson had been injured during his training and was doubtful for Saturday's fight.
check back often!