sexta-feira, 21 de junho de 2013

Weidman on Anderson Silva: 'It would be a fool not to respect me'

Weidman also extols the qualities and opportunism of the Spider

Weidman 445x296 Weidman sobre Anderson Silva: Seria um tolo se não me respeitar

Considered one of the most dangerous challengers with which Anderson Silva has fought since winning the middleweight title of Ultimate, Chris Weidman follows their journey of affirmation before the champion. In an interview with UFC.com, as part of the promotion of UFC 162, the U.S. set their game to fight and ensured that the Brazilian will have to respect their qualities.

"I'm a fighter who presses. I'll be moving forward, using my height, ranging from falls and my punches. I will not go back very far. He (Anderson) would be a fool not to respect me as a fighter. On July 6, we enter the Octagon, he'll have respect for me, "said Weidman.

The challenger also extolled the Spider and stressed that it will not be able to make mistakes in front of the champion. "I have dreamed of this fight against Anderson Silva since I started in MMA. He makes you pay for all the mistakes you commit, he is an opportunist. Probably their biggest threat is his confidence, you make a mistake and he catches you. He is a great champion for a reason, but you know I'm a terrible confrontation and an opponent stronger than some people can understand, "said the American.

Chris Weidman facing Anderson Silva on July 6 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas (USA), the main event of UFC 162. The confrontation marks the eleventh title defense Spider, which holds the middleweight title of Ultimate since October 2006.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário