segunda-feira, 11 de novembro de 2013

"I'm not finished yet," says Henderson after suffering first career knockout

Veteran claims that he was in good shape for combat in Goiania and avoids blame referee for the interruption

Imagem Postada

Knocked out for the first time last Saturday at UFC Fight Night 32 , Dan Henderson denied any possibility of retirement after his third consecutive defeat .
At the event held in Goiânia ( GO ) , veteran of 43 years could not resist the urge to Vitor Belfort and succumbed after just over a minute into the fight . Although the fighting have marked the defeat faster throughout its long career, Hendo said in an interview with the American channel Fox Sports, which was well prepared physically and downplayed any possibility of hanging up his gloves .

" Certainly , I 'm not finished . I was caught , but I was prepared for this fight . It happens , I guess, " said the American . " After 16 years of fighting , it would happen sooner or later . "

Henderson claimed that he was still defending himself after the Brazilian high kick , but avoided blaming the referee Dan Miragliotta for the interruption.

" I was caught by a good upper , but I thought he was still aware of what was happening . I know he gave me a high kick , and I definitely was dizzy , but I'd like to continue the struggle for a little while . However , the referee is there to protect us , so I can not complain too much . "

Although the sequence of negative results , Henderson believes he has shown in his last fights he is still able to compete at a high level .

" I was knocked out in this fight , but in the last two [ against Lyoto Machida and Rashad Evans ] I could easily have won , but it did not. So , I lacked a bit of luck the last three fights, " he said.
" But I feel good about my body and I feel I am able to continue. Honestly , I did not feel so well for a while . It was just a bad night . "

The fight against Belfort marked the end of the current contract with the UFC Henderson

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário